WHO ARE WE?
NeuLion is the worldwide leader in creating interactive digital experiences for viewers across the worlds of professional sports, college athletics, cable and entertainment networks. We deliver, distribute and monetize live and on-demand content across every Internet-connected device imaginable and stand at the forefront of the media-technology revolution. There’s a reason the world’s biggest brands including NBA, Univision, SKY, NFL, UFC, the English Football League, World Surf League, Big Ten Network, the Ivy League and more, trust and rely on us: we are proven to provide the world’s most dynamic and interactive digital experiences that are shaping the future of digital TV.
Working at NeuLion is fast-paced, fun and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. We work harder than anyone else because are passionate and believe in what we are doing! We are on a mission to continue to change the future of TV and this is your chance to be a part of a game-changing, rapidly growing company!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
NeuLion is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the growth of our current and future platforms and deliver world-class performance, availability and scalability. This role will be vital to the success of the company going forward and the successful candidate will be in a position to influence the development of our next-generation video delivery infrastructure.
THE EVERYDAY VIEW
The main activities for this role are:
- The deployment, management and monitoring of mission-critical infrastructure
- Improving our deployment, management and monitoring platforms
- Resolving infrastructure problems and making changes to prevent their recurrence
- Delivering key projects contributing to the improvement of our video delivery platforms
- Managing capacity and performance of our systems
- Administration and support of internal IT systems
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Unix/Linux server administration role
- Building and installing systems in a virtualised environment
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Experience of SQL, especially PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Good understanding of IP networking
- Experience of troubleshooting issues in large complex systems
- Experience of scripting and automation
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- Experience supporting Macintosh and Windows workstations
- Strong knowledge and experience of Amazon Web Services
- Experience with configuration management tools, especially terraform and puppet
- Experience managing web servers using nginx
- Experience using system management and monitoring tools, especially cloudwatch and influx
- Experience with Ubuntu and CoreOS
- Confidence in bash scripting, and python programming
- Experience using source control systems, especially git
To apply, please click HERE and follow the instructions