Linux Systems Administrator
Location: Plainview, NY
WHO ARE WE?
NeuLion is the worldwide leader in creating interactive digital experiences for viewers across the worlds of professional sports, college athletics, cable and entertainment networks. We deliver, distribute and monetize live and on-demand content across every Internet-connected device imaginable and stand at the forefront of the media-technology revolution. There’s a reason the world’s biggest brands including ESPN, Univision, SKY, NFL, UFC, MLS, World Surf League, Big Ten Network, the Ivy League and more, trust and rely on us: we are proven to provide the world’s most dynamic and interactive digital experiences that are shaping the future of digital TV.
Working at NeuLion is fast-paced, fun and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. We work harder than anyone else because are passionate and believe in what we are doing! We are on a mission to continue to change the future of TV and this is your chance to be a part of a game-changing, rapidly growing company!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are searching for an exceptional person to join our research and development team. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, works well with others across a global organization and is able to adapt to changes quickly in a high-pressure environment. The candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, and creative.
THE EVERYDAY VIEW
- Maintain high availability environment to include 24x7 alert monitoring. Take part, in a reoccurring on-call schedule
- Build, install and configure servers in a physical and virtual environment
- Administration of web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, web and database servers
- Prepare, coordinate, and execute change control to correct issues and enhance both production and non-production systems
- Advise management on tactical and strategic operational improvements to enhance operational capabilities and lower costs of delivery
- Provide written status reports to management
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience working in system administration with at least 3+ years working a high traffic, public facing production environment
- Linux System Administrator (CentOS or Redhat is preferred)
- Solid knowledge of LVM, SAN, NAS, RAID, EXT3 & 4
- Experience working with Apache HTTP web Server
- Experience with IPSec/VPN, SSL (HTTPS/FTP over SSL etc), PKI
- Experience working with Tomcat Server
- Experience with automation tools such as puppet, chef etc
- Experience with fiber channel storage networking
- Experience configuring, administrating mail servers (Postfix, Sendmail)
- Experience working with Cisco, F5 switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers
- Experience with Oracle or other high availability DB environments
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
Please submit your application to Careers@NeuLion.com.