MS SQL Report Engineer
Location: Plainview, NY
WHO ARE WE?
NeuLion is the worldwide leader in creating interactive digital experiences for viewers across the worlds of professional sports, college athletics, cable and entertainment networks. We deliver, distribute and monetize live and on-demand content across every Internet-connected device imaginable and stand at the forefront of the media-technology revolution. There’s a reason the world’s biggest brands including ESPN, Univision, SKY, NFL, UFC, MLS, World Surf League, Big Ten Network, PAC-12, the Ivy League and more, trust and rely on us: we are proven to provide the world’s most dynamic and interactive digital experiences that are shaping the future of digital TV.
Working at NeuLion is fast-paced, fun and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. We work harder than anyone else because are passionate and believe in what we are doing! We are on a mission to continue to change the future of TV and this is your chance to be a part of a game-changing, rapidly growing company!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a MS SQL Report Engineer to join our business operations team.
THE EVERYDAY VIEW
- Assist in the various daily operational tasks that come up to support the continued ongoing services to our end users.
- Analyze, implement, and manage technical interfaces, processes and data feeds between various systems and partners.
- Report issues to development and QA and work with them for resolutions on issues found during daily operations of production processes and applications that include billing, payments and CRM.
- When necessary, generate reports for the business and operation teams.
- Work with customer support to address questions and issues as they come up to help provide answers and corrective actions.
- Document various operational processes and interfaces.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field.
- Must be Proficient with SQL and relational database concepts, preferably MS SQL Server.
- Must have a high degree of initiative and strong analytical skills. Must be able to understand complex data, patterns and processes.
- Must have a working knowledge of operating systems, scripting, task scheduling, and experience with tools for supporting the automating of tasks.
- Familiarity with Web-based technologies including Java, HTML/CSS, XML, REST, Curl, etc.
- Experience in full implementation life cycle required (requirements gathering, testing and post-live support).
- Experience in a technical role that has business facing aspects.
- Experience in meeting directly with business managers and their teams without direct support from their manager.
- Experience gathering business and technical requirements.
- Experience in a highly complex transactional environment.
- Ability to multi-task and participate in a complex portfolio of projects.
- Ability to work closely with technical teams and business teams.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and complex environment as part of a team.
- Ability and passion to quickly learn new systems, tools and procedures to assist in the delivery of solutions.
- Have strong interpersonal, collaborative, communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented
Please submit your resume to Careers@NeuLion.com.