WEBCAST SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Location: Burnaby, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
NeuLion is the worldwide leader in creating interactive digital experiences for viewers across the worlds of professional sports, college athletics, cable and entertainment networks. We deliver, distribute and monetize live and on-demand content across every Internet-connected device imaginable and stand at the forefront of the media-technology revolution. There’s a reason the world’s biggest brands including NFL, NBA, UFC, Univision, Big Ten Network, PAC-12, the Ivy League and more, trust and rely on us: we are proven to provide the world’s most dynamic and interactive digital experiences that are shaping the future of digital TV.
Working at NeuLion is fast-paced, fun and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. We work harder than anyone else because are passionate and believe in what we are doing! We are on a mission to continue to change the future of TV and this is your chance to be a part of a game-changing, rapidly growing company!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are searching for an exceptional person to take a position in our webcast operations team who will be responsible for assisting in technical preparation, monitoring and post-production for a variety of live and on-demand webcasts. This will include supporting a variety of self-provisioned customer accounts and troubleshooting technical difficulties. You must have high standards in demanding quality of production and be able to work collaboratively and effectively with clients and other suppliers. If you thrive working in live, high-pressure situations this job will bring you tremendous opportunities to succeed.
THE EVERYDAY VIEW
- Communicate with customers to troubleshoot venue/site issues and perform venue check-in's
- Monitor, report and troubleshoot technical difficulties
- Create issue reports and relay information to staff and customers in an appropriate manner
- Escalate issues to the appropriate departments
- Provide quality control for your own work as well as others within the webcasting department
- Maintain documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed or in progress Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in Computer Science or related discipline OR previous help desk / technical customer support experience
- Strong knowledge of and troubleshooting experience with Windows operating systems, computer hardware and networking issues
- Experience with Streaming Media technologies such as Flash is an asset
- Basic familiarity with audio - visual equipment such as audio mixers, microphones, and video cameras is an asset
- Familiarity with consumer routers also an asset (Linksys, Dlink, etc)
- Excellent customer facing skills, communication and attitude
- Takes pride in their work and encourages others to do the same
- Strong time management skills along with the ability to keep up with changing task prioritization
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and work with minimal supervision
- Willing to work hard, show initiative and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Attention to detail is a must
- Must be able to multi-task
Please submit your application to Careers@NeuLion.com.