Junior Systems Engineer
Location: Plainview, NY
WHO ARE WE?
NeuLion is the worldwide leader in creating interactive digital experiences for viewers across the worlds of professional sports, college athletics, cable and entertainment networks. We deliver, distribute and monetize live and on-demand content across every Internet-connected device imaginable and stand at the forefront of the media-technology revolution. There’s a reason the world’s biggest brands including ESPN, Univision, SKY, NFL, UFC, MLS, World Surf League, Big Ten Network, PAC-12, the Ivy League and more, trust and rely on us: we are proven to provide the world’s most dynamic and interactive digital experiences that are shaping the future of digital TV.
Working at NeuLion is fast-paced, fun and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. We work harder than anyone else because are passionate and believe in what we are doing! We are on a mission to continue to change the future of TV and this is your chance to be a part of a game-changing, rapidly growing company!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are searching for an exceptional person to join our business operations team.
THE EVERYDAY VIEW:
- Provide setup, maintain, support of datacenter environment, hardware setup, network setup.
- Setup and maintain application environment, utilizing Tomcat, Apache, MS SQL, MySQL, scripting language.
- Setup and maintain streaming environment.
- Working with customer to resolve technical issue.
- Fine tune service environment to ensure providing best service possible.
- Familiar with storage technologies, maintain media libraries.
- Application, system monitoring, reporting.
- Working with vendors to troubleshoot system problems.
- Maintain and protect datacenter environment to ensure security. Ensure the environment comply with PCI standard.
- Flexible working schedules including nights and weekends.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 1+ years with system administration.
- 1+ years of Linux/Unix/Windows at system administration level.
- Familiar with Internet video/audio streaming technologies a plus.
- Experience with web technology, database, computer networking.
- 1+ year scripting language programming.
- Experience with computer hardware, network configuration.
- Strong troubleshooting and documentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self prioritizing and team player.